Hi! I'm Jonathan Perez!
I have been in the web industry for 15 years.
I don't really fit the mold
I mean, I totally love anime and all things sci-fi and tech, but I just can’t get into Star Wars. I’m sorry, it just doesn’t do it for me!
You can find me in my Yankee Fitted, pretty much all the time, but if I’m doing the Real Estate thing, I’ll be in a button down and suit.
As you can see, I don’t really take myself too seriously. I like to have fun, I love learning, but behind all the laughing is someone who gets things done. TOOT (that’s my own horn)
C’mon it’s my about page, what’d you expect 🙂
The Good Stuff
I love the internet, I love making websites and helping small business owners achieve their goals. I understand how much work it takes to run and manage a website. I’ve done it for both small and very LARGE companies.
So I really get when a small business owner goes nuts wearing 10 different hats to make sure their business is running smoothely. That’s why I shifted
Having fun yet!? Here's a bit of my history...
I’m a web consultant/strategist with experience in design, marketing, sales, conversion optimization, front-end development, WordPress, account management, AND relationship building. I started SureFire Web Services in 2009. When I first started, things were starting really really well, but I pulled back to focus on my family. This was in 2015 when my son was 3! He is now 7 and my youngest is 4 and I have one on the WAY (2019)!
I have a huge long story and journey that I may make into a video and put it here if anyone is interested, but for the sake of not writing a multi chapter book, in 2017 my family and I landed ourselves in good ol’ Tampa Florida from NY!
When I got back many things shifted. SureFire went from Agency to Website Management and Maintenance for small businesses. I now have an amazing collegue, Zach, whom I can rely on and a plethora of knowledge that will allow me to really focus on helping your business with ideas, consultation, execution and the like. I am a Foundation Student/Graduate of Ben Hunts Pro Web Design Course, which is where I learned the bulk of the methods I use. Since then, I’ve helped both small and large companies deliver on their website projects and goals.
More on me
I’m a family man and my first baby boy was born on April 20th, 2012. It’s the best thing that ever happened in my life. I believe in Jesus Christ and thank God for everything that happens to me, because in all seriousness, I don’t know why things happen, but they do, and they’re generally always good and when I least expect it. God is awesome, and that’s the bottom line.
This is my bragging paragraph 🙂 .When it comes to website projects, I used to specialize in the Genesis Framework for WordPress, and Types and Views (where I have been listed as a featured consultant), and also Beaver Builder. Being in the industry for so long, I have since shifted my focus to working with Generate Press and Elementor. I have featured resources on the StudioPress site, and created the Genesis Sandbox Starter Theme (Which I took down a while back). I’ve had many courses that I put together and sold, I white labeled my work for many companies which need to remain nameless. I’ve had a podcast and been featured on many podcasts, I can’t remember all of them but Kim Doyal’s and Lee Jacksons are a few of the highlights. I’ve consulted and contributed heavily into the web industry where a lot of users now probably use some of the things I came up with and don’t even know it. That includes some membership portals, add-ons to plugins, and even huge job sites like Monster and CareerBuilder use some things that they probably have no idea I had a hand in. The perks of working for some corporations while building my own business.
Random things about me (because I know you are curious).
- I love watching anime and am currently watching One Piece. I haven’t found a good one recently to hold my attention.
- I love all types of music but I mostly listen to hip hop, primarily Christian hip hop but all other sorts as well. I also used to rap when I was younger and have a cd out.
- I’ll consider myself a nerd, but I don’t like Star Wars and Big Bang Theory, so other nerds usually get mad at me.
- I officially went full-time with SureFire in March of 2017 (before that I worked for small and large corporations.)
- My dream is to work on my laptop from a beach or anywhere I want. If you can make that happen, contact me. (Good News, I made this happen when I moved to FL, YAY GOALS!)
- I keep saying I’m going to get back into music, but I never do. But I will.
- No longer Starbucks OR Dunkin, I’m a Tim Hortons man now. But I moved to FL, so there is no Tim Hortons, or Bagels, or pizza, or bacon egg and cheese sandwiches :'(
- I try to stay positive as much as I can, even when things aren’t great. I know God knows what he’s doing, and my faith grows much stronger because of it.
- My favorite album right now is Andy Mineo
- Are you still reading my list? If so, I’ll keep adding more =)
- I can’t sing the alphabet without yawning.
- I watch Sesame Street with my son, and when he falls asleep, I still watch Sesame Street. But now, both of my kids are into Mario and Sonic Cartoons. Meh.
- I would love to just get back into video games… I’m slowly getting there, very very slowly. I’m usually on when I should be sleeping. Look me up on PSN (reznucka866M